Unanswered: how to implement foreign key in mysql?

Can anyone show an example of how to implement foreign key in mysql? if i not wrong, to implement foreign key in mysql, u need to create another type of table, if that is true, is it possible to show an example of how to create that type of table to implement foreign key using create table sql statement.(just show one simple example is enough).......? i walk around many forum looking for answers..but until now...my questions is still not answered successfully....i have been pondering over this over about a month....still dun know how to do....

thanks

you've been looking for an example of creating a foreign key for an innodb table for a month? whoa!

there's an example in the mysql manual: 7.5.5.2 Foreign Key Constraints

rudy

Hey ! thanks!

I did not really read thru the mysql reference manual...cos i thought tey are damm technical and difficult to understand.....but now i understand liao.....

So as to say, to create a table with foreign key of another table, both table must be Innob table type. And the foreign key must be indexed.btw wat is actually index mean? in my sch..i learn sql but sch never teach index, can briefly explain to me the meaning of index?thanks!!!