Unanswered: Extract the package from database

Hi,

Is there any way the package ( built from .bnd file) can be extracted from the database and can be stored in a file. The same package can then be applied across multilple databases.
    Thanks,
    Gulshan

Re: Extract the package from database

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve ... Can you explain what you really want to do ...

Anyway, you can extract the SQL statements of a bind file using the bind file descriptor command db2bfd, option s
    db2bfd -s bindfile.bnd

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Gulshan Gandhi
    Hi,

Is there any way the package ( built from .bnd file) can be extracted from the database and can be stored in a file. The same package can then be applied across multilple databases.

Re: Extract the package from database

Hi Sathya,

Lets take an example here. I have a .sqC file (Pro C File) and upon compliation of the File, it creates a .bnd file and package in the database.
    Now I can use the .bnd file to create package againt multiple databases. This is useful if you have multiple testing environments.
    Unfortunately, I have deleted the .bnd file from devlopment environment, now how can I create the same package in Test databases.
    Ok, the other option is to recomplie the source code but if we dont intend to do that.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve ... Can you explain what you really want to do ...

Anyway, you can extract the SQL statements of a bind file using the bind file descriptor command db2bfd, option s
    db2bfd -s bindfile.bnd

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Thanks,
    Gulshan