Unhappy Unanswered: Crosstab can't use criteria

I wanna use criteria from my current form by use Forms![frm_main]![mai_cas_code] but it show message "Microsoft Jet Database can't recognize an invalid expression..." but on simple query can use that criteria How do I go on???

Re: Crosstab can't use criteria

Originally posted by naroxmis
    I wanna use criteria from my current form by use Forms![frm_main]![mai_cas_code] but it show message "Microsoft Jet Database can't recognize an invalid expression..." but on simple query can use that criteria How do I go on???
    Select the data in a query and Crosstab the query.

I have exactly the same problem. I tried the solution you recommended ie put the criteria in a seperate select query, then create a crosstab form that. It still creates the error Naroxmis says.

The select query with form parameters runs fine by itself, but once used as the datasource to a crosstab query, it creates an error.

I have spent hours on 4 different Access forums, and nobody seams to have an answer to this one.

Any really clever ones out there!

moe

The way to do this is to create a temp table based on the crosstab query then query the table as a select query. This is one way to do it. To create a temp tabel you have to create a make table query.

Smile

Moe

Thanks for your suggestion. I happened to find a solution anyway. It appears if you want to create a crosstab query from a select query that uses parameters supplied from a form. It is necessary to pre-define the parameters you intent to use from the form in both the select query and the crosstab query. It then works!

Sametch