Unanswered: Access often locking users out

I have an Access DB with 7 users.

Most days (at least once per day) one of the users will try to log in and an error message will display (sorry I have forgotten the exact wording of the message, but I think it refers to needing to be repaired) and they will be locked out.

My solution to this problem is to get all current users (the ones already using the DB may not have any problems) to close Access down. I then enter the DB and "Compact and Repair Database". After this there will be no probs for the users to get in.

All users have equal rights (ie. I haven't given each user a seperate login ID and password... so they all have admin rights).

Any suggestions?

Richard A.

Re: Access often locking users out

Originally posted by Trumpet
    I have an Access DB with 7 users.

Most days (at least once per day) one of the users will try to log in and an error message will display (sorry I have forgotten the exact wording of the message, but I think it refers to needing to be repaired) and they will be locked out.

My solution to this problem is to get all current users (the ones already using the DB may not have any problems) to close Access down. I then enter the DB and "Compact and Repair Database". After this there will be no probs for the users to get in.

All users have equal rights (ie. I haven't given each user a seperate login ID and password... so they all have admin rights).

Any suggestions?

Richard A.
    This may not be much help.

I haven't had the lockout happen in a functioning ap but it happens often in development when I exit the database with a crash, break, etc. What happens is a file MyDataBase.lbd is created when opening the database that holds the locking information. If that file hangs open it will effect the database access to all users. Sometimes you can close the database and delete the file MyDataBase.lbd, but most of the time you have to reboot the system which will unlock and delete the file.

In a installed ap you might look for an error that is being bypassed with a ON ERROR statement or the like that is causing the problem.