Hi,

I am having a Access '97 database and I have created a list of users with different security/access permission levels for the various objects in the database. I want all the users' information (user name only) to be populated in a table everytime a new user is created or a user is removed by the administrator. I couldn't find any system table/object that stores this information. Could somebody help me on how to go about achieving this?

As far as I know, all the user information are stored in the Work Group file. But I do not know how to retrieve the information and put it inside a table! Ofcourse this can be done manually ie., create the user and manually make an entry into the table, but the requirement is to do this as and when it happens.

Background:

I need this table for a VB application which would behave differently for different users. For ex: display one form for one particular user and another form for another user (OR) retrieve only certain records from a table for one user and a different set of records for a different user.
So, to achieve this, the VB application has to control based on the user who logs in, which is why I need to have all the users' info in a table. The tables that the users access are owned by the administrator and the users have been assigned the necessary access rights.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me on this.

Thanks and regards,

Srinivas.