Post Unanswered: Partition Availability on DB2/UDB/EEE

We have two Solaris machines using DB2 UDB V8.1 clustered together under one database with two partitions. Each partitions reside on each machine (Physical Nodes). When one of the machines is down we can not connect to the database.
    Does anybody know if we can do it in UDB/EEE? The idea is, if one partition is down the other partitions should be able to function properly and independently!
    Thanks,
    SS

Re: Partition Availability on DB2/UDB/EEE

Well, your catalog resides on one partition only, so that partition has to be up!!!! down the non-catalog partition and then try connecting.

dollar

Originally posted by SS101
    We have two Solaris machines using DB2 UDB V8.1 clustered together under one database with two partitions. Each partitions reside on each machine (Physical Nodes). When one of the machines is down we can not connect to the database.
    Does anybody know if we can do it in UDB/EEE? The idea is, if one partition is down the other partitions should be able to function properly and independently!
    Thanks,
    SS

If you have HACMP installed, you can make the failed logical node fail over to the active node. Without HA, if the catalog node is up, you can connect to the database and access any table which is non-partitioned. However, if you try to access a table which is partitioned across the two nodes, you will get an error - I'll look for the SQLCODE and put it in later - that has been my experience.

The SQLCODE I mentioned before is SQL1229N The current transaction has been rolled back because of a system error.