Red face Unanswered: IDS install and configuration on Solaris

Hi,

I am trying to install IDS 9.3 on a Solaris 5.8 box.

After the installation, when I try to access 'dbaccess', it gives the error:
    "-23101 Unable to load locale categories."

Is it something to do with setting the locale? I read in the doc that 'en_US.ISO8859-1' is the default database locale on UNIX, and the locale on the Solaris box is also 'en_US.ISO8859-1'. So this doesn't seem to be that issue.

I have installed IDS under a separate informix user and group. For the informix user I have not set any environment variables, and for the user who wants to access the database, I have set INFORMIXDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The above error is thrown both when I want to access 'dbaccess' via informix user or another user.

Can someone point to what needs to be done? Also, as in Windows, whats is the command to start the server?

Thanks in advance,
    Sumanto

Did you set the DB_LOCALE and CLIENT_LOCALE environment variables?

In windows, depending on what version you use, informix server is started via the services.
    You can still start the server with the command line, but then you cannot close it.
    It doesn't return you the dos-prompt.
    rws

Hi Roelwe !!

Thanks for the post, but as far as I can gather from the documentation, there is no need to set the server or client locale if they are the same.

In the Solaris box I am using, the locales are the same. In fact using ISA I am able to confirm that the database is up and running, just that dbaccess doesn't seem to be working.

Any help will be appreciated....

Regards,
    Sumanto

Check the TERMCAP file and the TERM encironment variable.
    rws