Unanswered: New Guy with a question

Hi all, I'm new to forums and Access so this question will prolly be a relatively easy one for the pros. What I'm trying to do is create a form that will allow the user to select specific thing, date, record #, etc. and be able to have the selected data output as a report that the user can print, etc. If any of you know any sites that can explain how to do this or if it is a relativley quick answer, it would be much appreciated.

One way to do this is to create a parameter select query.

The criteria for the select query is your form field.

First open your form and minimise it.

To set this up make a query with all the required report fields. Under date (for example) right click in the criteria box and choose build.

You will see in the left hand column a list that includes tables, queries, forms etc. Choose Forms. Under forms choose loaded forms. Click on your form and field. It will load into the expression builder top section. Click okay.

Save and close your query.

Go back to your form. Enter a criteria in the selected field. Open the query and you should have the records filtered by the criteria elected.

Now build your report based on this query. The simplest way is using the report builder.

Leicester - UK
    'The simplest way is using the report builder.'

aslong as you don't use the continous report or don't mind idioticly sized fields, if i were you i'd learn real quick how to work with out the wizards 9 times out of 10 they're more hassle than they're worth
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.