Red face Unanswered: Changing the schema name

Hi all,
    I would be highly obliged if anyone knows how to change the schema name of an existing table to a new name. I have searched on the web but to no avail. Or if there is any other way around. My java aplication does not use schema qualifier and as a result the table name gets prefixed with the defualt schema name which is the instance name/ userid.
    Suppose by instance name is db2inst2. And I have restored a database to this instance using a image of another instance name db2inst1.
    The instance db2inst2 now has the tables with schema name as db2inst1
    My java application does not use the schema qualifier and as a result all the tables in the db2inst2 instance get prefixed with db2inst2 schema name which is the default. I am running 2 instances on the same server.
    How do i get around this problem.

any insight will be appreciated.

rgds
    brat.

Re: Changing the schema name

Create alias for each table with the schema you want. Nice and easy....

dollar

Originally posted by brat4
    Hi all,
    I would be highly obliged if anyone knows how to change the schema name of an existing table to a new name. I have searched on the web but to no avail. Or if there is any other way around. My java aplication does not use schema qualifier and as a result the table name gets prefixed with the defualt schema name which is the instance name/ userid.
    Suppose by instance name is db2inst2. And I have restored a database to this instance using a image of another instance name db2inst1.
    My java application does not use the schema qualifier and as a result all the tables in the db2inst2 instance get prefixed with db2inst2 schema name which is the default. I am running 2 instances on the same server.

rgds
    brat.

Thumbs up Re: Changing the schema name

Thanks really helped with the tables but unfortunately i still do have a problem with the triggers and stored procedures.

rgds
    brat.

Originally posted by dollar489
    Create alias for each table with the schema you want. Nice and easy....

dollar
    Last edited by brat4; 04-25-03 at 05:55.

Try to execute the command from your java code

set schema schemaname

Hi all,

rgds
    brat.

The best way to get away with this problem is you should login with user id same as Schema name.
    or you should execute the command "set schema schemaname" from your java code.

Hi all,

rgds
    brat.