Lightbulb Unanswered: Windows regional settings and access currency

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice on how to make the currency in Access change according to the regional settings of Windows.

THX in advance

Hello,

You must remove the format from your currency field.
    By default, when you choose Currency type the format is set to Currency. If you leave blank the format, as you change the regional settings of Windows it affects your currency field.

Hopping that this is what you want,
    Florin Profeanu
    floreanuprofin@yahoo.com

I'm not sure I got your point really...
    Do you mean that I should leave blank the format field of the format panel of the preoperties window... and then because the database field is a currency, Acces will format it in the right format.
    And what if I change the windows regional settings later on, or I move my application to another computer with different regional settings?

Sorry to "harass" you but I'm pulling my hair ober this...

THX again

Originally posted by florin.profeanu
    Hello,

You must remove the format from your currency field.
    By default, when you choose Currency type the format is set to Currency. If you leave blank the format, as you change the regional settings of Windows it affects your currency field.

Hopping that this is what you want,

Yes, this exactly what I meant.
    You can do some tests, with a currency field from which you don't remove the format and one with blank format.
    Enter some data in both of them and then change regional settings as you like. You can easily see the difference.
    Florin Profeanu
    floreanuprofin@yahoo.com

You can do some tests, with a currency field from which you don't remove the format and one with blank format.
    Enter some data in both of them and then change regional settings as you like. You can easily see the difference.
    Thanks a lot,

I've tested and it works as I expected.

But still I think the Access Help on this topic was really confusing.

Thanks again,

Victor

By the way, did you work overnight? It seems so according to the time on your message.