Thread: Scanning

Unanswered: Scanning

Does anyone have any experience at allowing access to scan in OLE (actx) images directly.

I can get it to scan in but it will always prompt for questions (e.g. resolution, size etc).

there is an ActiveX that the scanner (HP) installed but how the coding for it goes is a mystery.

Does anyone know:

1) If I need to use the ActiveX Control
    2) How the damned thing works. Or where I can find out.
    3) Is it certain that adding 1000+ images into a database (even at low resolution and colour etc) it will get massive.

any help would be fantastic.

John
    J.

I don't know about the HP scanning ActiveX. I do use www.pajant.co.uk scanning ActiveX it is great and simple to use.

I do not scan into the database. Rather I scan to a file and save the path and file name in access. Then use the picture property of the image to refer to the scanned file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I forgot to say. Thanks, this was exactly what I needed. It does support scanning into the database but I went for, as you do, scanning into a directory.

Cheers

pajantimage - twain scanning to ms access 2002

pajantimage works fine with access 2000 but i have redistributed a scanning application as mdb and there seems to be problems when using ms access 2002 (xp). there appears an ocx error.
    is this a pajantimage problem?

Take a look at www.dosadi.com

The best is always never user an ocx. Problems with registration in another machine, are well known.

So, it's a must to try EZTwain Pro

With it you can scan and output to .PDF, .JPEG, .GIF, .TIFF, .BMP, .PNG

A very important feature is to create some pages into a single file.

I wrote a little code that works fine with EZTwain Pro, and I hope you can see it in the next fews days in that site. You can find here all support you need and lots of information about scanners. Nobody knows most and better about scanners than those who make scanners drivers.

Jose Ruas

With Pajant i have been distributing this widely for more than 2 years and never had a problem with it. Make sure you distribute the updated Twain drivers as well.