Thread: Importing Files

Unanswered: Importing Files

Is it possible to import image files into a report?

I am in the process of creating a DB of Exotic Plants using Access 2000. The information I want to get out would have to be in the style of a report. (I am assuming a report but I am open to suggestions as an alternative) What I really what to be able to do, is to run off an information sheet that would list all plants belonging to an individual customer - together with images and information on plant care.

Is this possible? Also could this information be sent to the customer via email?

Re: Importing Files

There is a field type in the table design phase called OLE Object that will accept a number of non standard objects like JPG files. These objects are viewable in forms and printable in reports.

Some of the difficulties you might have is uniform picture size and making the layout look professional. It will do what you are asking it to do.

Re: Improting Files

Thanks Rob, I'll try this and see if I can get it to work.
    I was thinking perhaps it might be an idea to make a set of information sheets as a word document and then run those off as and when needed by the customer.

BTW this DB forms part of project while I am learning how to use the package. It's been fun so far but the end product has to look and work in a professional way (collage assignment). I have also to demonstate imported files/images/macros/ and a list of other advanced procedures/techniques.

I'm getting there...little by little...LOL

Thanks again for your reply.