Angry Unanswered: IDS 9.3 on Win2K initialization problem.

I have installed Informix Dynamic Server 9.30 on Win 2000. When I try start service by Admin or try run oninit by informix I have the error:

"ERROR: Could not initialize the security subsystem. Please ensure that this account has the necessary privileges and ensure INFORMIXSERVER value exists in the registry and environment."

service started by user informix. The user is member of Administrators and Informix-Admin groups. He has all permissions on every file.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Informix\OnLine\ol_sam urai\Environment]
    "INFORMIXSERVER"="ol_samurai"

Environment variable "INFORMIXSERVER" is initialized as System variable....

Have some ideas?

Re: IDS 9.3 on Win2K initialization problem.

Originally posted by AVatolkin
    I have installed Informix Dynamic Server 9.30 on Win 2000. When I try start service by Admin or try run oninit by informix I have the error:

"ERROR: Could not initialize the security subsystem. Please ensure that this account has the necessary privileges and ensure INFORMIXSERVER value exists in the registry and environment."

service started by user informix. The user is member of Administrators and Informix-Admin groups. He has all permissions on every file.

Have some ideas?
    You should have installed other informix products. Last time i meet the same problem. Later i installed it on a clean system and success.

Hi ,
    best of my knowledge Informix user has some previlage problem and you need to set the user previlage . Please reintsll informix again after do a uninstall of informix .
    It should work
    Diptendu
    Email sendiptendu@yahoo.com

Can you tell me where i can download ids 9.3 for win2k, because we need to do some test with an informix db.

Kind regards,

Originally posted by AVatolkin

Have some ideas?
    Hi there,

you can visit this link
    http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...S_TACT=&S_CMP=
    Simultenously you can also download the client sdk tool.
    But this is for IDS 9.4