Question Unanswered: SQL10007N Message "-1042" could not be retrieved. Reason Code "5"

Hi Guys,

I'm currently having problem connecting client machine to the DB2 server. Client PC is using WinXP and DB2 Admin Client v6.1 is installed in the client PC.
    When I'm trying to create connection to the server via Client Configuration Assistant , the following error message pops-up:
    SQL10007N Message "-1042" could not be retrieved. Reason code: "5".
    I have done the similar configurations to other client PCs and they all are working fine.
    Can anyone help?

Angry Maybe you log on by Administrator

If you want to create connect via db2cca . you not should logon your winXP by user more than 8 character such as Administrator .
    DB2 can't got user more than 8 character. Sorry my English.

Re: Maybe you log on by Administrator

Originally posted by sipco188
    If you want to create connect via db2cca . you not should logon your winXP by user more than 8 character such as Administrator .
    DB2 can't got user more than 8 character. Sorry my English.
    Thanks for the reply. I was logged in using 'db2admin' instead of 'Administrator' but I'm still getting the same error message.
    There is another thing that I would like to share is that I've also tried to create the connection using access profile (one of the source in DB2 Client Configuration Assistant). I've exported an access profile from another PC (that is working fine) and import it to my PC. The database was added but when I do a connection testing on this database, I get new error message:
    The connection test failed.
    SQL10007N Message "-3000" could not be retrieved. Reason Code "5".
    Can anyone help me with this??

SQL10007N Message "-1042" could not be retrieved. Reason code: "5".

I tested about DB2 Between (w2k) DB2 V.6 fix WR21188 and (winXP) DB2 V.7 no fix .It's server together. I test to connected that DB2 V.6 connect to DB2 V.7 and DB2 V.7 connect to DB2 V.6. It was not problem . Please contact IBM support if you sure that you create connected by user db2admin .