Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: TNSLSNR.EXE Application Error

    I saw that someone has posted a similar problem last year with no resolution. See http://dbforums.com/arch/49/2002/5/369527

    Basically, I get the exact same problem. I have been beating my head against it for a week now. I have a Dell Latitude C840 running Windows XP with all the latest Service Packs and patches, using Oracle 9i installed. I recently installed JDeveloper 9.0.3.1 and recently went through and tweaked my computer to disable all unnecessary services from running. I don't know which of these two is causing the problem, but TNSPING blows up with the following error:

    TNSLSNR.EXE Application Error The Instruction at "0x61915790"
    referenced memory at "0x00000578" . The memory cannot be read.

    I have tried re-enabling all the services I disabled, but to no avail. Also, I tried getting more information through the Visual Studio debugger and have the call stack and some other information available if necessary. Has anyone else run into this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Re: TNSLSNR.EXE Application Error

    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

    Man, this took so long and it's really something I'm just doing with my "spare time", I've been dealing with this for weeks now!

    In my case, the problem was a product that I installed to enable my computer to use my cell phone to connect to the internet. The product came with some Verizon software that lets you manage your phone numbers. I installed it and it added two additional network adapters to my Network Connections. I had already removed these because I didn't feel it was worth $0.40 / minute to use the internet. However, there was a service provider called Venturi Personal Client which serves as some sort of network accelleration. This was the true cause of my problem.

    Once I actually uninstalled the Venturi Personal Client, my problem went away!!!! Now I can go back to tinkering with Oracle and JDeveloper.

    How did I figure this out? I already had a call stack from the Application Error and the last thing on the stack was VLSP.DLL. I did some searches in Google and only found a couple of entries. I looked at the DLL in my Windows Explorer and it was created by a company called Fourelle Systems, which is now Venturi Wireless. When I went to their website and read about their products, it slapped me right between the eyes that the Verizon software aske me something about using an accellerated connection option. I checked and I had already removed the Network Connections that it created, so then I went to my Add/Remove Programs control panel and saw that the Venturi Personal Client was still installed. I was fairly positive that this was only there because of the Verizon software so I removed it, rebooted, and BAM, everything is back to normal!!!

    I hope this helps someone!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1

    Thanks a million

    Thanks for taking the time to investigate and post your finding and resolution.

    I hit the exact same issue after installing the VerizonWireless VZAccess Manager software (bundled with Venturi Personal Client). Once I uninstalled VZAccess, Oracle listenser was happy again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1

    Thanks so much!

    Hooray for you, Martin.

    Because you took the time to post your solution, you saved my training class.

    I had 20 students connecting and err'ing against my Oracle DB. I had just installed Verizon to test out EV-DO.

    This thank-you comes YEARS after you posted your solution. Hooray for the internet.

    Regards,

    Eugene.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •