Exclamation Unanswered: Is it Possible to take the Oline Backup from Ms Sql Server !

In our company we are using Ms Sql Server for Database and VB as a front end. There is no proper backup for the database. The database is a purchased Software, we didn't design this.
    In Oracle Its possible to take the Online Backup. Is it possible to take the Online BackUp from MsSql Server. for example if the Database have any problem at 10:15 means, the backup will be up to 10:14 am or 10:14:59 am.

If it is possible to take the Online Backup. Kindly tell me the Method for Online Backup.

And The method for Recovery of Datas from Ms Sql Server in case of any porblem. I think copying the MDF and LDF files is the solution to be taken in a critical situation. What's the Professional way for the Recovery.

And also I need the details about the Database Performance Tunning.

Kindly suggest your Idea. how to save the datas in future and how can where can I get the details about the script to be written for this.

Thank you very much,

(what do you mean by ONLINE backup)
    Yes you can issue BACKUP statement at any time. Refer to books online for syntax and examples.
    For the recovery standards always maintain regular backups and store on other machine to have disaster recovery solution.

Refer to SQL Performance website for tips and tricks about performance.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP