Unanswered: Replication - distribution agents?

When distribution is scheduled to run at specific times for specific user, but that user is not connected to the server. Distribution tries to find that subscription, the error comes back:

The step was retried the requested number of times(10) without succeeding.

Where/how can I change the requested number to try two or three times.

My problem is that it takes 10-15 minutes for those re-trys and which sometimes causes overlap with the next subscription coming in.

Re: Replication - distribution agents?

Check sp_update_jobstep in BOL, look for @retry_attempts and @retry_interval
    The best way would be to use a PULL subscription at the subscriber instead of PUSH at the publisher.

Originally posted by cruzin
    When distribution is scheduled to run at specific times for specific user, but that user is not connected to the server. Distribution tries to find that subscription, the error comes back:

The step was retried the requested number of times(10) without succeeding.

Where/how can I change the requested number to try two or three times.

My problem is that it takes 10-15 minutes for those re-trys and which sometimes causes overlap with the next subscription coming in.
    Steve

Re: Replication - distribution agents?

You can also identify the job in Enterprise Manager (Management->SQL Server Agent-> Jobs) then find the step and change the retry attempts there.

Originally posted by dbadelphes
    Check sp_update_jobstep in BOL, look for @retry_attempts and @retry_interval
    The best way would be to use a PULL subscription at the subscriber instead of PUSH at the publisher.
    Steve