Unanswered: ASP/IIS and Progress 8.3c error

I am working with the following progress database sytstem.

Database type: Progress 8.3C
    ODBC driver: Intersolv 3.10 32 BIT PROGRESS
    Server OS: Windows 2000

I'm trying to query for information using a select statement in my ASP page, but keep getting the following error message,

Microsoft Error x80004005
    Specified Driver Cannot be loaded due to system error 5
    (Intersolve 3.10 32 BIT PROGRESS)

I obtain the connection string using a Microsoft UDL file (a text file), which the connection tested successfully. So...I know the OLE DB string is correct.... Here is the snippet of code in my ASP page...

Dim Conn
    Dim Rs
    Dim strCnn
    Dim strSQL

strCnn = ...the OLE DB string from UDL file...
    strSQL = "SELECT * FROM table1"

Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Conn.Open strCnn

Set Rs = Conn.Execute(strSQL)

The error occurs when the code tries to open the connection to the database through the connection string. I also tried pointing to the System DSN in the ODBC setting, that also give the same error.

I did researches on Microsoft for error 80004005 which refers to the MDAC. I have updated it to most recent version 2.5 on the client's computer, so that shouldn't be the cause.

Could it also be because in the above code, I didn't set Rs varaible to server.createobject(ADODB.Connection)? I didn't need to do this for other databases...

Mainly, I wonder if the error occurs because of the ODBC driver not being compatible with IIS and ASP technology. Anyone with any solutions or guidance please help!!!!

Thanks a million!

San Francisco, CA
    I searched here and these are the results.

Sorry I can't be of more use. None of the above seemed to have anything directly like yours (though I didn't read them all). I suggest trying

PS: I thought MDAC was >v2.7 now?