Unanswered: db2 and SQl Server 2000 data type problems...

Hi Friends,
    I am a newbie to db2 database. I am trying to write some fields from tables from SQL Server 2000 database to db2 database using ASP.NET.

There seems to be a problem in writing to a db2 column whose datatype is a fixedpoint datatype (Example (10.3)).
    The column in SQL corresponds to a float datatype of 8 bytes. I tried changing the datatype on SQL2000 side to integer,decimal,double,short infact all the numeric combinations. But all the time I am getting an
    error message in ASP.NET which says this data doesn't seem to be compatible with a column in db2.

I can't change the datatype on db2 side. Can anybody help me out??

This is the exact error message...

"ERROR [HY000] [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL0408 - Value for column or variable QPIEC not compatible. "

Thanks,
    Sai

Re: db2 and SQl Server 2000 data type problems...

Hi Sai,

I have seen (but not solved) ODBC trouble with DECIMAL datatypes in DB2 before.

Are you able to use plain SQL with ASP.NET? If so, you should be able to employ some casting function.

Johann

Originally posted by saikrishna_dv
    Hi Friends,
    I am a newbie to db2 database. I am trying to write some fields from tables from SQL Server 2000 database to db2 database using ASP.NET.

There seems to be a problem in writing to a db2 column whose datatype is a fixedpoint datatype (Example (10.3)).
    The column in SQL corresponds to a float datatype of 8 bytes. I tried changing the datatype on SQL2000 side to integer,decimal,double,short infact all the numeric combinations. But all the time I am getting an
    error message in ASP.NET which says this data doesn't seem to be compatible with a column in db2.

I can't change the datatype on db2 side. Can anybody help me out??

This is the exact error message...

"ERROR [HY000] [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL0408 - Value for column or variable QPIEC not compatible. "

Thanks,
    Sai

Re: db2 and SQl Server 2000 data type problems...

Thanks Johann,
    Yeah casting works.... Thanks alot for the suggestion.

-Sai

Originally posted by jsander
    Hi Sai,

I have seen (but not solved) ODBC trouble with DECIMAL datatypes in DB2 before.

Are you able to use plain SQL with ASP.NET? If so, you should be able to employ some casting function.

Johann