Question Unanswered: Export/Import question

I have a large amount of data (40 million rows) on OS/390 DB2 that I need to pull into DB2 on Linux. I have pulled almost half the data via UNLOAD - FTP - LOAD process, but it is slow and expensive.

Will Export/Import handle 20 million rows atb one time efficently? Anyone have any Real experience with these utilities?

Thank you for your considerations -
    Rick - Florida State University

Re: Export/Import question

Never user Import For that kind of Volume.
    Best thing is LOAD . There is no process faster than LOAD

Originally posted by Rick-dba
    I have a large amount of data (40 million rows) on OS/390 DB2 that I need to pull into DB2 on Linux. I have pulled almost half the data via UNLOAD - FTP - LOAD process, but it is slow and expensive.

Will Export/Import handle 20 million rows atb one time efficently? Anyone have any Real experience with these utilities?

Re: Export/Import question

Well, I have user import and load to move data from OS/390 to our AIX database and it's not that bad. I don't have a figure on the time though...

dollar

Originally posted by Rick-dba

Talking

DB2 Rocks!
    I just Imported 16 million rows (file size 9,123,844,221) in 40 minutes - even though my transaction log files are too small!

I thought Export would be faster - that took 2 1/2 hours......

Anyone know of a better way of exporting data into an "Import"-able format?

Rick