Smile Unanswered: session time-out, and ORA- 01458

we are building a system with using ASP.NET and C# connecting with Oracle 9i.

We are facing a major issues right now. There are 2 problems. They are as follows:

1. We are getting session time-out errors like every 5 min. from Oracle when we log on and try to do someting with the system. So, we have to log back on to continue working with it. However, we don't get session time-out error when we directly log on to the Oracle. So, I think it is the .net and Oracle connection error.

2. We get ORA - 01458 error randomly. It seems like we get the error with the web page that has a lot of complexity in it.

Does anyone know the solutions for these problems???

I'd really really appreciate it!!!

Wink Re: session time-out, and ORA- 01458

sorry this place was for DB2

I'm new to this......

Originally posted by mins210
    we are building a system with using ASP.NET and C# connecting with Oracle 9i.

We are facing a major issues right now. There are 2 problems. They are as follows:

1. We are getting session time-out errors like every 5 min. from Oracle when we log on and try to do someting with the system. So, we have to log back on to continue working with it. However, we don't get session time-out error when we directly log on to the Oracle. So, I think it is the .net and Oracle connection error.

2. We get ORA - 01458 error randomly. It seems like we get the error with the web page that has a lot of complexity in it.

Does anyone know the solutions for these problems???

I'd really really appreciate it!!!