Thread: list box help

Unanswered: list box help

i want to know if i can format rows in a list box.
    i have a list box which brings up a number a customers that are in a table. in that table there is a flag to say if they are current or not. i need so see all of the customers, but i would like to be able to display the non-current ones in a different colour.
    does anyone have have any ideas how to do this, if indeed it's possible.
    i though custom formatting would work, but i'm not able to use that option in this list box.

thanks in advance. emma.xx

I don't understand how that helps! Sorry.

Originally posted by Rockey
    Check out
    http://www.lebans.com/vb_listbox.htm

The list box is not available for conditional formatting. You will need to use a custom control to achieve the results that you are looking for. The control that Stephen developed has some conditional formatting. Not sure what the options are. I did not have a detailed look at it.

Matt

the one you pointed me to had some formatting, but not really what i wanted. i did find another link on that page which did colour formatting, but it only seems to work in 97 and i'm using xp. thanks anyway for the info, but i think it's too complicated to implement for something so small. i thought that it might be easy, but evidently not!!!

Originally posted by Rockey
    The list box is not available for conditional formatting. You will need to use a custom control to achieve the results that you are looking for. The control that Stephen developed has some conditional formatting. Not sure what the options are. I did not have a detailed look at it.

Matt

Re: list box help

Have you thought about using continuous forms?

I set up a few forms in the past using this method when I needed to use condition formatting.