:) Found answer to "[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Failure in DTC: not able to va
The problem is that MSDTC is not able to find the mtxoci.dll. This should be easy to fix in the registry except that over different patches MS has moved the dll and the registry key that MSDTC checks to find the DLL. Therefore, the first step is to find out which key MSDTC is checking. Do this by going to www.sysinternals .com and download REGMON. This is an ingenious and intuitive tool that logs each call to the registry including failures. You might want to shut off any unused programs before doing this, just to cut down on the number of log entries.
1. Activate REGMON
2. Take whatever action caused the error.
3. Shut off Regmon
4. Export the log to EXCEL
5. Search the Excel file for MSDTC. that should get you to the correct area.
6. If the key is not found by MSDTC you will se a failure entry.
7. Add the key that MSDTC attempted to read. Something like XADL|MTXOCI.dll with a value of c:\windows\system32\mtxoci.dll if that is the location of the dll.
8. If the key is found there will not be a failure but the value of the key may no longer point to the dll. -- Find the dll and point the key to the correct path.
If you find no error here you may not have given yourself permission in the my computer icon of the component services, but I assume you would have checked that before going to the trouble to search this post down. You will not see any attempt to read the key in your log in that case.