Unanswered: Help needed: DB2 Backup

Hi,

I am using the AIX platform. When I can backup me DB2 database into the HardDisk, DB2 will create a file with a timestamp filename.

If I backup my DB2 database into the TAPE, is there a way that I can retreive a list of the content in the TAPE like fileno and timestamp.

When I issue the "mt" command in SunOS it will show the current fileno, but under the AIX I got nothing similar to that.

Regards,
    -Carlos

Thumbs up backup history command

Are you looking for a command like:

db2 list backup all for db <dbname>

This will give you the information about all the recent backups you've taken including timestamp info required for a restore.

Cheers

Re: backup history command

Hi Jebber,

The List History gives my a history what I had done but I don't know which timestamp relate to which TAPE.

My operator forgot to LABEL the TAPEs therfore I need a way to identified the content of the TAPES.

Regards,
    -Carlos

I know when you backup to a disk the file name consist of timestamp in the form: 20030505nnnnnn along with other information.

dollar

Originally posted by carlosleung
    Hi Jebber,

The List History gives my a history what I had done but I don't know which timestamp relate to which TAPE.

My operator forgot to LABEL the TAPEs therfore I need a way to identified the content of the TAPES.

Regards,
    -Carlos

Hi Dollar,

Is it same for TAPE DRIVE ?

Regards,
    -Carlos

Originally posted by dollar489
    I know when you backup to a disk the file name consist of timestamp in the form: 20030505nnnnnn along with other information.

dollar