Unanswered: keeping forms maximized

I have sub forms for prompts coming off of main forms. The main form is set to maximize when it opens. Whenever the prompt comes up the main forms shrinks down. Is there a way to keep it maximized at all times so the user doesn't see it resize?

VBA to maximise form

Add this code to the form open event

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

DoCmd.maximise

End Sub
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

even with maximization the form will shrink down when another is opened. Don't know why. But....

Make the form that opens on top a Pop-up.

Originally posted by johncameron
    even with maximization the form will shrink down when another is opened. Don't know why. But....

Make the form that opens on top a Pop-up.
    I am having this same problem and was curious if anyone has a solution that will work.

Thank you.

If you don't need to use menus you could set the properties of your main form to: Pop Up = Yes & Modal = Yes - these properties are in the "other" tab of the form properties. Just make sure you have a docmd.maximize statement on the form open event.
    Access XP & WinXP Pro

I got the same problem....

WIll try it later tho...

Just wondering..do both work?

DoCmd.maximise

DoCmd.maximize

I also should mention that you need to make all the forms have pop up = true & modal = true or they will not be visible over the main form when you open them.

as to the maximize/maximise issue mine is definately maximiZe - I always assumed that this was because VB is an american english design
    Access XP & WinXP Pro