Unanswered: Subject: Re: Error updating 5.5v1 Unlimited to 5.5v2 on Windows 98SE

I am updating FMP 5.5v1 to 5.5v2 using a downloaded updater file from the FMP site. Everything looks great until the actual install when I get "Internal Error 2203 C:\windows\temp\pftb2d1~tmp\pmp55v2update.msp -21472870"
    I found the following post (Subject: Re: Error updating 5.5v1 Unlimited to 5.5v2 on Windows Me) and tried that suggestion. Delete contents of windows\temp, remove FMP 5.5v1 then reinstall and try update again. I still get the same error. Any suggestions???
    Thanks, Craig

I had the same problem on XP. Weird thing was, I installed it on two machines with out a problem, and then two more with this problem occurring.

I had the temp (the location where the installer was creating it's folder; in your case pftb2d1~tm) folder open when the installer folder was created. I noticed the specified file was in there along with a few others for about 3 seconds and then they disappeared. I copied these files to the desktop and then restored them after they disappeared. The install went through without a problem after that.

Weird.

Took me a while to get back to this issue. Your suggestion seems to have worked!!! Thanks much.

same issue but on XP

As DANNS mentioned I also see this issue on XP but can find the referenced folder when I search. If anyone can assist me with this issue it would be great.
    JR