Exclamation Unanswered: Paradox 7 Graphical Issues with Windows XP Professional

I am using Paradox 7 for a small company with about 20 computers. We have been using paradox 7 since its release. We tried upgrading to Paradox 9 a year or so ago. It just wasn't happening tons of bugs and such. So we gave that up and determined to stay on the paradox 7 route.

Just recently we started upgrading our machines to Windoes XP Pro. Immediately I noted graphical button issues with paradox 7 and XP. I tried installing paradox 9. 9 just runs really slow, crashes, and is buggy. We plan on getting "real" DB software in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime i have to make do.

Does anyone know of any patches or fixes I can use to correct this problem with XP and paradox 7? As you can tell from the picture it messes up the graphics on buttons. Some would think this to be mere cosmetics. This would be the case if all of our employees were as verse in paradox 7 as i would like. Not the case though. I need a fix!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.bmp  

Re: Paradox 7 Graphical Issues with Windows XP Professional

Originally posted by theRansacker
    I am using Paradox 7 for a small company with about 20 computers. We have been using paradox 7 since its release. We tried upgrading to Paradox 9 a year or so ago. It just wasn't happening tons of bugs and such. So we gave that up and determined to stay on the paradox 7 route.

Just recently we started upgrading our machines to Windoes XP Pro. Immediately I noted graphical button issues with paradox 7 and XP. I tried installing paradox 9. 9 just runs really slow, crashes, and is buggy. We plan on getting "real" DB software in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime i have to make do.

Does anyone know of any patches or fixes I can use to correct this problem with XP and paradox 7? As you can tell from the picture it messes up the graphics on buttons. Some would think this to be mere cosmetics. This would be the case if all of our employees were as verse in paradox 7 as i would like. Not the case though. I need a fix!!!
    Problem with the invisible buttons in standard dialogs (as in picture) can be resolved by setting the compatibility mode for executable file (example: PDXRWN32.EXE) to Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5.0) in File Properties Dialog.