Thread: Result Sets

Unanswered: Result Sets

Greets,

Im running DB2 V7.2 over AIX V4.3.3

Im writting a small program in C, using Embedded SQL, to perform a balance line for few of our tables and now Im facing some problems.

Id like to know if theres a way to store the result set from a Select in a structure or a vector.
    For Example:

If I perform the following Select:

EXEC SQL SELECT c1 INTO :v1 FROM t1 WHERE condition-clause;

but the condition-clause wont return me only 1 row, but a small subset of the table.

it returns me an error, on the SQLCA structure, telling me that the select returns more than one row.

Ive seen examples using a Cursor to fetch the lines and then work with them, but for what I need, performance is crucial. That is, I need to get all the lines and after that, work with them.

Have any of you seen or written anything similar?

TIA

Fernando Ohana.

Performance with declaring a cursor, opening it and fetching rows is usually very good. If you write your code in a compiled language like C, there isn't anything that will perform better, except perhaps using stored procedures where you collect all info and return it to the client.
    Anton Versteeg
    IBM Netherlands

Thanks Anton,
    But I was trying to find out another way to get this done, although, from what I read on their manuals, the only way to handle multiple rows on programs is using a Cursor.

thanks anyway =)

Fernando.

Originally posted by antonv
    Performance with declaring a cursor, opening it and fetching rows is usually very good. If you write your code in a compiled language like C, there isn't anything that will perform better, except perhaps using stored procedures where you collect all info and return it to the client.