14/1-G, Mirpur Road (2nd Floor), Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh.

Unanswered: ./stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.7.30/DataFiles/Expanded/jre\win32\bin\

Hi,

Whenever I tried to install Oracle 9i Application Server to my pc, it throws an exception dialog box contains these information below:

"The Java Runtime Environment was not found at
    ./stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.7.30/DataFiles/Expanded/jre\win32\bin\jrew.exe. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher and try again."

I am using both Windows 2000 Professional (with service pack3) and Windows XP Professional in a single pc. I have already installed JDK1.3 for Windows 2000 Professional and J2SDK1.4.2 for Windows XP Professional. I have set the environment variable in the "autoexec.bat" file located in C: drive like this:

SET PATH=C:\JDK1.3\BIN;
    SET CLASSPATH=C:\JDK1.3\LIB;.;

I haven't got any previous experience of programming or maintaining a BIG database software like Oracle. I have only a few knowledge of SQL
    syntax and MS Access.

Please someone help me to get rid of this silly installation problem! Thank you.

Cool Corregir este BUG

1.)Descomprimir ambos zip para instaalr oracle, se creara la carpepeta database y database (2)
    2.)De la carpeta database (2)/stage/commponent/ copiar la carpeta oracle.jdk a la carpeta /database/stage/commponent
    3.)Volver a ejecutar ./runInstaller

y listo...

Arturo Garcia Perez