Thread: check boxes

Unanswered: check boxes

Hi,

What I have are all the unchecked records displaying when the form opens up. What I need is when the user clicks on a check box of a record and only that record will have a check mark and the rest of the records display without check marks.
    What I'm getting now is when the user clicks on a check box of a record all the previously checked records displayed as well as the other unchecked records.

Checked box means that particular record is a closed order.
    Unchecked box means is an open order.

I don't know this is relevant. I'm using Access2000 as front end and SQL Server as the back end. This is an adp file.

Private Sub shipment_complete_AfterUpdate()

If Me!shipment_complete = True Then ‘This is my check box

If IsNull(Me!shipped_qty.Value) Then
    Me!shipped_qty.Value = Me!shipped_qty_remaining.Value
    Me!shipped_qty_remaining.Value = 0
    End If

End If

End Sub

What I need is the all records that are unchecked and the ones that are just checked.

Help! please!

Thank You!

Re: check boxes

Originally posted by alicejwz
    Hi,

What I have are all the unchecked records displaying when the form opens up. What I need is when the user clicks on a check box of a record and only that record will have a check mark and the rest of the records display without check marks.
    What I'm getting now is when the user clicks on a check box of a record all the previously checked records displayed as well as the other unchecked records.

Checked box means that particular record is a closed order.
    Unchecked box means is an open order.

I don't know this is relevant. I'm using Access2000 as front end and SQL Server as the back end. This is an adp file.

Private Sub shipment_complete_AfterUpdate()

If Me!shipment_complete = True Then ‘This is my check box

If IsNull(Me!shipped_qty.Value) Then
    Me!shipped_qty.Value = Me!shipped_qty_remaining.Value
    Me!shipped_qty_remaining.Value = 0
    End If

End If

End Sub

What I need is the all records that are unchecked and the ones that are just checked.

Help! please!

Thank You!
    Hi alicejwz,

you need to bound your checkbox by setting the controlsource of the checkbox to the column that holds this value in your table or query.

tina