Question Unanswered: DB2 Kills Solaris

Hello I hope you can help,

We have a DB2 server and Intelligent Miner server running under Solaris, for a dta mining project. However querying this database causes the server to crash. The solaris process log states the error:

DB2[654]: [ID 986889 user.error] DB2 (.000) oper_system_services sqlocmsg reports: probe id 11 with error 2055 and alert num 0

I am really haveing problem isolating the error as I am not a DBA.
    Can anyone please advise me on the nature of this error or point me to new information?

Thankyou very much!

Tim

Re: DB2 Kills Solaris

For server crashes, raise a call with IBM Support ...

BTW, what level of software are you on ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by TempleCloud
    Hello I hope you can help,

We have a DB2 server and Intelligent Miner server running under Solaris, for a dta mining project. However querying this database causes the server to crash. The solaris process log states the error:

DB2[654]: [ID 986889 user.error] DB2 (.000) oper_system_services sqlocmsg reports: probe id 11 with error 2055 and alert num 0

I am really haveing problem isolating the error as I am not a DBA.
    Can anyone please advise me on the nature of this error or point me to new information?

Thankyou very much!

Tim

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    For server crashes, raise a call with IBM Support ...

BTW, what level of software are you on ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Thanks for the help Sathyaram,

We are running DB2 7.1 and Intelligent Miner 6r1, on a Solaris 8 machine. There are only 9 users, but they each have their own database under the DB2 instance. There is a IM server, and they attach to this through IM CLients on Windows machines. Basically, evetually a huge load is created through too many processes getting created, and then the system dies. The DB2 error is one of the most common left in the log before the system dies. Although I still cannot find the meaning of this error.

Thankyou so much for replying,

Tim

If you are on the base version(no fixpacks) of DB2 7.1, I'm afraid, there is a problem ... A later fixpack(Though not sure, I think it is FP2) had a fix... In the environment I worked then, we upgraded to FP3 and this solved the problem

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Thanks for the help Sathyaram,

We are running DB2 7.1 and Intelligent Miner 6r1, on a Solaris 8 machine. There are only 9 users, but they each have their own database under the DB2 instance. There is a IM server, and they attach to this through IM CLients on Windows machines. Basically, evetually a huge load is created through too many processes getting created, and then the system dies. The DB2 error is one of the most common left in the log before the system dies. Although I still cannot find the meaning of this error.

Thankyou so much for replying,

Tim

Sathyaram,

Thanks Again for all of your help.
    Do you know what the actual source of the problem is and how the fix pack deals with it? We are confused because we ran the same set up last year and it worked fine; also when only 1 or 2 user used the system it worked fine. Is the problem associated with all 9 users accesses their separate databases at once? Do you know why so many processes are spawned? As I mentioned I am not a DBA so really appreciate all the help you have given us.

Thanks Again for your time!

Cheers

Tim

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    If you are on the base version(no fixpacks) of DB2 7.1, I'm afraid, there is a problem ... A later fixpack(Though not sure, I think it is FP2) had a fix... In the environment I worked then, we upgraded to FP3 and this solved the problem

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

I do not know why db2 crashes ....

I'll suggest that you apply fixpacks ....

I won't worry even until the number of db2agent processes owned by the instance owner cross 100 ... The next time you stop and start db2, check for these db2 processes ...

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Sathyaram,

Thanks Again for all of your help.
    Do you know what the actual source of the problem is and how the fix pack deals with it? We are confused because we ran the same set up last year and it worked fine; also when only 1 or 2 user used the system it worked fine. Is the problem associated with all 9 users accesses their separate databases at once? Do you know why so many processes are spawned? As I mentioned I am not a DBA so really appreciate all the help you have given us.

Thanks Again for your time!

Cheers

Tim