Post Unanswered: The process could not bulk copy out of table '[dbo].[Customer]'.

I am trying to run an existing snapshot agent for a merge replication between two MS SQL Servers (2000). This agent has worked properly for more than a year. It contains 4 articles, one of which is the Customer table. Last night I saw it had the following error:

The process could not bulk copy out of table '[dbo].[Customer]'.

I created a detailed output report for this agent, and the following was found at the bottom of the report (the full output.txt is attached to this posting):

SourceTypeId = 4
    SourceName = ODBC SQL Server Driver
    ErrorCode = 0
    ErrorText = I/O error while writing BCP data-file

Repl Agent Status: 6
    Disconnecting from Publisher 'ntsql1'

It seems that there is an error writing the BCP data-file, but I don't know what that means. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Boyette
    Attached Files Attached Files

Check Windows Application Log (E. Viewer)
    --
    kukuk

Re: The process could not bulk copy out of table '[dbo].[Customer]'.

I found out that the "I/O error while writing BCP data-file" message was caused by low disk space on the server's hard drive. After I shrank the tempdb, the snapshot ran just fine.

Originally posted by boyette
    I am trying to run an existing snapshot agent for a merge replication between two MS SQL Servers (2000). This agent has worked properly for more than a year. It contains 4 articles, one of which is the Customer table. Last night I saw it had the following error:

I created a detailed output report for this agent, and the following was found at the bottom of the report (the full output.txt is attached to this posting):

SourceTypeId = 4
    SourceName = ODBC SQL Server Driver
    ErrorCode = 0
    ErrorText = I/O error while writing BCP data-file

Repl Agent Status: 6
    Disconnecting from Publisher 'ntsql1'

It seems that there is an error writing the BCP data-file, but I don't know what that means. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Boyette