Unanswered: VB6 to Informix SE 7.24 via ODBC/OLEDB

Hello everyone,

I'm new, I'm confused.

I'm looking for a way to write VB6 programs connecting to an Informix SE 7.24 database running on a AIX 4.3.2.1.

Client platform is Windows 98 and NT.

When I search the WEB I find a lot of ODBC/OLEDB stuff.

But I have no clue on how to select a technical correct solution.

Can anyone point me to a proactical and performant solution.

Thanks

Download the Informix client SDK 2.80. In it you'll find all the odbc drivers needded to connect to informix via Visual Basic. Once installed you'll have access to the INFORMIX 3.81 driver.

you'll find it on this page, good luck

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...ver&startrow=1

And in VB use an ADODC component, set the connection either at desing or run time and use de recordsource property at run time to execute querys.

That's as easy as it gets

Originally posted by Kaarde
    Download the Informix client SDK 2.80. In it you'll find all the odbc drivers needded to connect to informix via Visual Basic. Once installed you'll have access to the INFORMIX 3.81 driver.

you'll find it on this page, good luck

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...ver&startrow=1
    Thank you for the tip. Meanwhile I found the 2.81 and 2.80 CSDK but the release notes nolonger mentions the Informix SE 7.24 as a tested platform. Are you sure that the 2.80 will work with Informix SE 7.24.

I cannot try it in the near future otherwise I would not ask.

Apparently CSDK 2.70 is tested for fr SE 7.24, Any clue were I could find that?

I'm using 7.31 and the 2.80 sdk and it works fine, so my guess is that the driver should be backward compatible. I tryed it when I had error retrieving tables from the server and it solved the problem so to my opinion you should go ahead and try

good luck

Hi

If you're having problems with that, there are alternate drivers available from www.openlinksw.com that have been buily specifically against Informix 7SE and do not require the Client SDK inbuilt as its already part of the software.

HTH
    Emmon