Unanswered: cannot add container to DB2 UDB tablespace

Hi DB2 UDB gurus

I keep getting errors when I attempt to either add a new container or extend the current container assigned to my tablespace. How can I fix this problem so that I get the container created and assigned for the tablespace? Further details: we are running DB2 UDB 7.2 for AIX 5.1 and the error message errors out on a table as well as failing to extend the raw storage device. The tablespace in question is a DMS tablespace. Thanks!

Scott
    DB2 DBA

Re: cannot add container to DB2 UDB tablespace

Can you please post the error messages you get and any information from the db2diag.log file ...

And the command also, if you have ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    Hi DB2 UDB gurus

I keep getting errors when I attempt to either add a new container or extend the current container assigned to my tablespace. How can I fix this problem so that I get the container created and assigned for the tablespace? Further details: we are running DB2 UDB 7.2 for AIX 5.1 and the error message errors out on a table as well as failing to extend the raw storage device. The tablespace in question is a DMS tablespace. Thanks!

Scott
    DB2 DBA

problem solved

Sathyaram

I checked the disk space and after freeing more logical volume raw disk with the help of our system admin on aix I was able to create a new container for additional space for the tablespace. thanks for the help