Unanswered: 12.5.x - New Adaptive server monitoring tool? (monSysSQLText)

I was looking into the latest adaptive server monitoring tool within Sybase 12.5.x and found some interesting information. However, what I'm really interested in looks like it is cut short.

I'm after most recent sql queries has they are executed or currently being executed. Number of rows, time, etc. Yet it looks like the column SQLText is limited to a varchar(255). Some of our quriries are larger than a varchar 255!

How does Sybase handle this? And, is this something that can be configured? I'd hate to implement it and have the trouble query being truncated...

Anyway - anyone using this to find poor query performance of ad hoc queries?

Hiya,

Checkout Monitoring tables feature available in ASE 12.5.0.3

Cheers
    Willy

Willy,

Thank you for the reply. The good news is I did check out 12.5.03 which lead me to the post. The problem, or question that I had, is that they limit the sqltext to a varchar(255). I know for a fact that some of our queries will be larger than that.

I did not find any information regarding it splitting up the query or if it just truncates it

Anyway - thank you again. I'll continue to dig and read more.
    Have a good day.

Hiya saf1,

In ASE 12.5.0.3, there is a new config parameter that addresses your requirements.

"max SQL text monitored" specifies the total number of bytes Adaptive Server allocates for each user task to store SQL text.

Range of values: 0-2147483647 bytes

Cheers
    Willy