Unhappy Unanswered: need some help please!

Scenario

3 tables within one database
    tables = Clients, AE, & Agency
    They all have common fields that i need to see and be able to edit from one source, whether that be form, query, web interface...whatever.

example fields
    clients = Source (Dallas, Texas, etc..), ClientID (1234), AgencyID (4321), AEID (12)
    Agency = Source (Dallas, Texas, etc..), AgencyID (1234), AEID (12), AgencyName (Dodge)
    AE = Source (Dallas, Texas, etc..), ClientID (1234), AEID (12), so on and so forth.

what i would like to do is get a form or some sort of schema so that i can view all this information in one place and also make it easier for me to later import data in the same format into the existing structure. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I am currently against the wall on this so quick responses are appreciated...Thanks!

If you need any further information or anything else please email me @ jamaresmith@tstonramp.com

Re: need some help please!

I am not sure why you have three tables when all the fields are the same. Make one table and make an additional field to identify the source or what you have as tables now (client, agency, AE).

If you do not want to make one table you can make a union query.

Select Clients.*, "Clients" as Source from Clients
    Union
    Select Agency.*, "Agency" as Source from Agency
    Union
    Select AE.*,"AE" as Source from AE
    Last edited by Robt917; 05-09-03 at 00:11.

Re: need some help please!

Thanks for the reply. Actually all the fields arent the same they each have about 15 fields, i was trying to give an example of the similar fields.

The Union query sounds like it may help me out. Ill try that, thanks!

One other thing. I created a form with some fields from each of the mentioned tables, but was unable to edit it in view mode. If i selected fields from one table it worked fine. That left me even more confused than i was when i started. hehe. I guess you can tell that i am very novice at database administration, none the less i am a fast learner and hope to have tis licked soon. Thanks