Thread: help wanted

Wink Unanswered: help wanted

i need the code with which i can run a report while sitting in form builder. i know it goes something like run_product??? but i need the complete code.thankyou

Provided Answers: 1

Re: help wanted

Originally posted by rugal2k
    i need the code with which i can run a report while sitting in form builder. i know it goes something like run_product??? but i need the complete code.thankyou
    Tip: When you want to know something about a Forms feature, the on-line help facility can be useful. Going to the index tab and entering RUN_PRODUCT I got this:

Description

Invokes one of the supported Oracle tools products and specifies the name of the module or module to be run. If the called product is unavailable at the time of the call, Form Builder returns a message to the end user.
    If you create a parameter list and then reference it in the call to RUN_PRODUCT, the form can pass text and data parameters to the called product that represent values for command line parameters, bind or lexical references, and named queries. Parameters of type DATA_PARAMETER are pointers to record groups in Form Builder. You can pass DATA_PARAMETERs to Report Builder and Graphics Builder, but not to Form Builder.

To run a report from within a form, you can alternatively use the dedicated report integration built-in RUN_REPORT_OBJECT .

Syntax

PROCEDURE RUN_PRODUCT
    (product NUMBER,
    module VARCHAR2,
    commmode NUMBER,
    execmode NUMBER,
    location NUMBER,
    paramlist_id VARCHAR2,
    display VARCHAR2);
    PROCEDURE RUN_PRODUCT
    (product NUMBER,
    module VARCHAR2,
    commmode NUMBER,
    execmode NUMBER,
    location NUMBER,
    paramlist_name VARCHAR2,
    display VARCHAR2);

Built-in Type unrestricted procedure
    Enter Query Mode yes

Parameters

product Specifies a numeric constant for the Oracle product you want to invoke: FORMS specifies a Runform session. GRAPHICS specifies Graphics Builder. REPORTS specifies Report Builder. BOOK specifies Oracle Book.
    module Specifies the VARCHAR2 name of the module or module to be executed by the called product. Valid values are the name of a form module, report, Graphics Builder display, or Oracle Book module. The application looks for the module or module in the default paths defined for the called product.

commmode Specifies the communication mode to be used when running the called product. Valid numeric constants for this parameter are SYNCHRONOUS and ASYNCHRONOUS.

SYNCHRONOUS specifies that control returns to Form Builder only after the called product has been exited. The end user cannot work in the form while the called product is running.
    ASYNCHRONOUS specifies that control returns to the calling application immediately, even if the called application has not completed its display.

execmode Specifies the execution mode to be used when running the called product. Valid numeric constants for this parameter are BATCH and RUNTIME. When you run Report Builder and Graphics Builder, execmode can be either BATCH or RUNTIME. When you run Form Builder, always set execmode to RUNTIME.

location Specifies the location of the module or module you want the called product to execute, either the file system or the database. Valid constants for this property are FILESYSTEM and DB.

Paramlist_name or paramlist_ID Specifies the parameter list to be passed to the called product. Valid values for this parameter are the VARCHAR2 name of the parameter list, the ID of the parameter list, or a null string (''). To specify a parameter list ID, use a variable of type PARAMLIST.

You can pass text parameters to called products in both SYNCHRONOUS and ASYNCHRONOUS mode. However, parameter lists that contain parameters of type DATA_PARAMETER (pointers to record groups) can only be passed to Report Builder and Graphics Builder in SYNCHRONOUS mode. (SYNCHRONOUS mode is required when invoking Graphics Builder to return an Graphics Builder display that will be displayed in a form chart item.)
    Note: You can prevent Graphics Builder from logging on by passing a parameter list that includes a parameter with key set to LOGON and value set to NO.

Note: You cannot pass a DATA_PARAMETER to a child query in Report Builder. Data passing is supported only for master queries.

display Specifies the VARCHAR2 name of the Form Builder chart item that will contain the display (such as a pie chart, bar chart, or graph) generated by Graphics Builder. The name of the chart item must be specified in the format block_name.item_name. (This parameter is only required when you are using an Graphics Builder chart item in a form.)

thaks man thaks