Unanswered: Integrating Access and Word

I want to know if the following is possible and if there is any potential bugs that I should be aware of:

I would like to build a table and form to store MS Word documents that my user creates. This is easily accomplished by inserting an object into a bound OLE field on the form.

The thing is, I would like the file to be a mail merge document connected to a query from the same database. If possible, I would like to be able to merge the letters to the printer from within access. The main trouble that I think I'm having is that I lose the Word Mail Merge controls from the menu when I insert the document into my form.

The end result is that I want my users to be able to create merge style letters, but I would like to keep the link between access and word as seemless as possible.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Perry

Re: Integrating Access and Word

Originally posted by perryjm
    I want to know if the following is possible and if there is any potential bugs that I should be aware of:

I would like to build a table and form to store MS Word documents that my user creates. This is easily accomplished by inserting an object into a bound OLE field on the form.

The thing is, I would like the file to be a mail merge document connected to a query from the same database. If possible, I would like to be able to merge the letters to the printer from within access. The main trouble that I think I'm having is that I lose the Word Mail Merge controls from the menu when I insert the document into my form.

The end result is that I want my users to be able to create merge style letters, but I would like to keep the link between access and word as seemless as possible.

Any suggestions?

Do you need to store the actual document in the database, why not store the path to the document in the database and this will retain the mail merge features of the document.
    Jeff Perry
    Mona