Unanswered: rename a query to email

Hi,

Im using sendobject to send a query out to customers as an excel sheet. The query selects the correct info from a table of data on all customers based on a customer ID field on a form.

How can I name the file Im sending out to include the customer ID? The sendobject requires me to name the object (which is the query), I want the name of the file I send to be specific to the customer. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Not clever but you can use for each customer a copy of your query with a name that points to a specific customer (use the CopyObject method of the DoCmd object).
    You may delete the "copy" after you use SendObject.
    Florin Profeanu
    floreanuprofin@yahoo.com

I would leave the name of the query as it is and include the customer information in the subject of the email. After all, each customer gets its own attachment and doesn't care about other customers, right?

HTH

Theres 150 customers. The subject already has a reference to what the contents of the attachment are. Unfortunately several customers recieve a few emails each. the subject will differentiate them but theyre complaining they end up with all these excel files called "query.xls".