Unanswered: Use Delphi TDBEdit as TEdit

Hello!

Does anyone know of a way to use a TDBEdit box in delphi as just a plain TEdit box? What I mean is, I have a TDBEdit box that I want to use to display data from a table when a user is browsing the table. But when they want to edit the value, I want them to be able to edit the value in that box without putting the actual table in edit mode. I'd like to just allow them to edit the value on the box, then update the table behind the scenes when they are done. I want to avoid having to switch to TEdit boxes because the program is already written with numerous TDBEdits, and I was hoping there would be a way to do this without switching. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Cool

AS far as I know there is no way to prevent the Table to enter into an edit mode. The only solution is to switch to Tedit boxes and write two procedure to read and write data from and to table. There would be an easy way to do that: edit the *.dfm files of the form which contain DBEdit boxes. If you choose this approach don't forget to delete the lines where datasource and the Table field are specified for the DBEdit box.