Exclamation Unanswered: SQL Loader "resource busy"

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm trying to load a small table from a text file with SQL Loader. Sometimes it works, but other times I get the following message. The only fix seems to be to bounce the instance. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Charlie

SQL*Loader-926: OCI error while executing delete/truncate (due to REPLACE/TRUNCATE keyword) for table PARTNERS.BUILDINGS_RE
    ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

Re: SQL Loader "resource busy"

Originally posted by cpyne
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm trying to load a small table from a text file with SQL Loader. Sometimes it works, but other times I get the following message. The only fix seems to be to bounce the instance. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Charlie

SQL*Loader-926: OCI error while executing delete/truncate (due to REPLACE/TRUNCATE keyword) for table PARTNERS.BUILDINGS_RE

It is possible you have exceeded the MAXTRANS setting for the TABLE you are trying to update. You can query the MAXTRANS setting from DBA_TABLES. For example:
    SELECT TABLE_NAME, MAX_TRANS FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME='EMP';
    Increase the current MAXTRANS setting by running an ALTER TABLE statement. For example:
    ALTER TABLE "SCOTT"."EMP" MAXTRANS 255;

Question sql*Loader-926

Quote Originally Posted by yikaikai
    It is possible you have exceeded the MAXTRANS setting for the TABLE you are trying to update. You can query the MAXTRANS setting from DBA_TABLES. For example:
    SELECT TABLE_NAME, MAX_TRANS FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME='EMP';
    Increase the current MAXTRANS setting by running an ALTER TABLE statement. For example:
    ALTER TABLE "SCOTT"."EMP" MAXTRANS 255;
    It's already set to 255, what do you suggest?

It's already set to 255, what do you suggest?

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cpyne
    SQL*Loader is trying to truncate the table, but another process is selecting, inserting or deleting from that table, and thus it cannot be truncated.

Make sure that no other session is changing data in that table or remove the "truncate" option from the control file.