Unanswered: Error while installing SQL2k sp3 (on Win2k Server) - First Post

Hi all... I'm new here and maybe u guys/gals can help me out with a little (actually it's pretty big) problem.

I've searched through this forum, but could not find anything like my problem in here...

Here's the problem:

I'm running Win2000 (SP3) server with SQL Server 2000 (Developer Edition).
    I installed all recent hotfixes for Win2K and SQL2K but I didn't make it to install SP3 for SQL Server 2000. This morning I had time to install it and so i tried to.

The first things of the installing procedure went fine... But when it started to execute the scripts something went horrible wrong... When it was executing script nr. 4 (don't know the name of the script, sorry) it told me it had problem executing this script.

I then clicked OK and the installation procedure was aborted by the machine, without any messages that could help me get further.

I then rebooted the machine and tried to install again. When I started to install procedure it checked my authentication (both times I was logged in as administrator) and told me it could not start the procedure because I do not have persmission. Also when I try start the install procedure by using the SA account, it fails.

Does anybody have any suggestions for meΏ

THX in advance...

GRTNGS Tovenaar

Check for SQLSTP.LOG for more information and step details during the process.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

THX for the info, although I just found the solution @ m'soft's website.
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;814844 method 2, with the Envir. Var's)

THX for replying though...

GRTNGS Tovenaar