Question Unanswered: Using OpenDataSource to Open Excel File from SQL

I am trying to do this within a stored procedure. I have linked the server and am trying to open a password protected Excel spreadsheet with OpenDataSource. I am getting the error "Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 4 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. Authentication failed. [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.]"

I am running the following:

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'ExcelSource',
    'Jet 4.0',
    'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'd:\mssql7\binn\filename.xls',
    NULL,
    'Excel 5.0'
    GO

SELECT *
    FROM OpenDataSource( 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'Data Source="d:\mssql7\binn\filename.xls";User ID=;Password=pwd;Extended properties=Excel 5.0')...sheetname$

There are two passwords for this file; one to unlock the file and one to gain write access. I don't think this is causing the problem (I removed the second one manually and tried this to no avail).

How do you login to SQL Server EM or QA? Try use SQL Server authentication.

Originally posted by Allen_Cui
    How do you login to SQL Server EM or QA? Try use SQL Server authentication.
    I log into EM and QA as SA. I don't know what you mean by "try to use SQL Server authentication".

Thanks! :-)

[i]There are two passwords for this file; one to unlock the file and one to gain write access. I don't think this is causing the problem (I removed the second one manually and tried this to no avail).
    I think the problem comes from the password. Try to remove all passwords from this Excel file and it should work. I know it is not good solution. Please post back if you find another ways to do it.

The only way that I can remove the password is manually, and this will not work for me. I have a client that sends the file and he cannot send it without a password, per his company policy.

Is the password in the OpenDataSource command for SQL or for the Excel file? Now I'm getting confused... :-)

Thanks!