Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18

    Unanswered: Create a InnoDB table

    Hi
    I tried to create a simple table using this syntax
    CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER (A INT, B CHAR (20), INDEX (A)) TYPE = InnoDB;
    The default table type is MYISAM but even after specifying the table type as InnoDB MYSQL (3.53) creates a table with type MYISAM.
    Any one has a clue why?
    Also how can I change my default table type to Innodb to solve this problem?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    224
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Create a InnoDB table

    Originally posted by farzinm
    Hi
    I tried to create a simple table using this syntax
    CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER (A INT, B CHAR (20), INDEX (A)) TYPE = InnoDB;
    The default table type is MYISAM but even after specifying the table type as InnoDB MYSQL (3.53) creates a table with type MYISAM.
    Any one has a clue why?
    Also how can I change my default table type to Innodb to solve this problem?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    What exact server version of MySQL do you have?
    Are your tablespaces properly created with InnoDb?
    Any error showing in the mysql.err file?
    Did you try that with the MySQL client?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18

    Re: Create a InnoDB table

    Originally posted by bstjean
    What exact server version of MySQL do you have?
    Are your tablespaces properly created with InnoDb?
    Any error showing in the mysql.err file?
    Did you try that with the MySQL client?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have MYSQL version 3.23.45
    Are your tablespaces properly created with InnoDb? (How do I check this?)
    I dont see any errors in mysql.err file
    I tried this with MYSqL-Front and sqlyog these are front end tools for MYSQL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    224
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Create a InnoDB table

    Originally posted by farzinm
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have MYSQL version 3.23.45
    Are your tablespaces properly created with InnoDb? (How do I check this?)
    I dont see any errors in mysql.err file
    I tried this with MYSqL-Front and sqlyog these are front end tools for MYSQL
    Do you have the *max* executable of the server?

    And I am not even sure that version 3.23.45 has InnoDb support...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18

    Re: Create a InnoDB table

    Originally posted by bstjean
    Do you have the *max* executable of the server?

    And I am not even sure that version 3.23.45 has InnoDb support...
    Yeah you are right I will need a max to be able to work with innodb. Thanks for your responses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •