Unanswered: need some help updating lookup tables.....

hi everyone..........

Im new to access so any help would be really appreciated...

How do i update a lookup table from a form.
    The user gets a list of possible entries to choose from and can enter data not on the list.
    What i want to do, is add any data entered in this field to the lookup table.
    I think you have to extract it to another form and have it added to the list from there but im not sure how...........

use afterupdate to check exsitance of entry in lookup table. If not present add it.

When you say look up table do you mean DLookup or just using a combo box to look up another table.

If the combo box is what you are looking for then have a look at the attached file.

Open the form and then fillin a outdate then using the drop down list select a drivers name now fill in a indate (date format is dd/mm/yy).

now on a new record enter the outdate now enter you name as the driver (surname space givenname) and hit enter a dialog appears and say yourname is not in the database do you want to add it and that is exactly what it does, adds it on the fly. if you go to another record you can not choose "YourName" from the drop down list.

THE CODE IS NOT MINE IF FOUND IT ON THE WEB AND MODIFIED IT TO SUIT. SO CREDIT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR.

hope this was some help

John A

PS If this is not what you wanted post back and maybe we can help.
    Attached Files Attached Files