Unanswered: code NT security problem?

I'm using this bit of code to open up outlook to send an email from a field on an access form that contains the email address.

Private Sub Command230_Click()
    On Error GoTo err_Co_1stEmail_DblClick
    DoCmd.SendObject , , , Me![Co_1stEmail], , , , , True
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    err_Co_1stEmail_DblClick:
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    End Sub

Since I've moved users to W2k Terminal Server each with their own copy of the front end of the database only the code above does not work. Their email works just fine though seperately. Has anyone seen this before?

Turn off setwarnings and see what error messages pop up. They may tell you exactly what the problem is.

Leah

Here's the following error I get:

"The command or action “SendObject” isn’t available now.

*You may be in a read-only database or an unvonberted database from an earlier version of Wcbase v3.01.
    *The type of object the action applies to isn’t currently selected or isn’t in the active view.

Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this database."

I have found out that it works for users that have their NT profiles setup on the c: drive but does not work for users that have their NT profiles on any other drive. Not sure if anyone has seen this before or if I should look for a MS W2k forum.

Is there a work around using the mailto: hyperlink? I would still need it to look a specific field on the form to set the email address.

Was wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Everything worked fine before I moved the windows user profile to a new drive letter. Is there alternative code to get Outlook to open up to a new message addresses to a email address located in form field?

Provided Answers: 5
    are you using MS Exchange?

here may be the problem - Subsequent SR versions of office and Microsoft products disabled the sendobject cabability due to the advances of email viruses like the I love you.

if you use ms exchange try this from the msdn or http://support.microsoft.com

ACC: Using Automation to Send a Microsoft Exchange Message
    Last reviewed: August 28, 1997
    Article ID: Q153311

I personally have never upgraded from the original shipped 2000 cd's to sr1 or sr2 - because it disabled those features - so maybe terminal server or some other upgrade has done this. I have some own you can by pass the outlook and window warnings to autosend email by using the cdo object library.

I also have some good code to send email through access using the outlook object model - but if you have sr1 or greater you will get a message box that says someone is trying to autsend an email do you want to continue - you cannot turn this off - the only way is to use the cdo object model or roll back to a 2000 version prior to sr1