Unanswered: how To give h/a without cluster.

Hi All,
    Pls help me.

we have a primary instance and have one database running on solaris OS.We need to have high availability for primary database if failover happens and standby database should take over the failover.We dont have either cluster software or the storage devices like IBM Enterprise Storage Server (ESS), known as "Shark"™ and EMC® Symmetrix.

I created other instance with different name and in different file system and i created the standby database with different name and with the same structure schema of primary database.
    Here i need to give the high availability for my primary database to the standby database using split mirror or i/o suspend.
    I have no idea how to provide high availability with my standby database, if failover happens in my primary database.
    if you help me in this situation i will be greatful for you.
    EXPECTING REPLY ASAP.

thanks,
    muthu

Re: how To give h/a without cluster.

we setup our ha like this

Installed db2 on both servers, create db on primary server, then on a failover the 2nd server will mount all of the data disks. We created the database on /db2/<instance> and have all the data containers in different directories/disk mounted under that same dir /db2/<instance> so the HA script will first mount those disks and then startup db2. We do have a script that sync's up the dir's that are not mounted like our root volume group

Re: how To give h/a without cluster.

Originally posted by nmkumaran

Hi,
    Thanks for responding ASAP.
    Here we dont have 2 servers and 2 instances are running on only solaris server and though we need to give database availability not server.
    If a database in a instance fail, it should redirect to other standby database in other differnt instance with the same server.
    i was reading some information about split mirroring and i/o suspend to provide high availability but i am not clear about that information.pls help me in this situation to h/a in single server with 2 different databases in 2 instances or new suggestions or idea's are welcome .
    thanks,
    muthu

Hi All,
    Pls help me.

we have a primary instance and have one database running on solaris OS.We need to have high availability for primary database if failover happens and standby database should take over the failover.We dont have either cluster software or the storage devices like IBM Enterprise Storage Server (ESS), known as "Shark"™ and EMC® Symmetrix.

I created other instance with different name and in different file system and i created the standby database with different name and with the same structure schema of primary database.
    Here i need to give the high availability for my primary database to the standby database using split mirror or i/o suspend.
    I have no idea how to provide high availability with my standby database, if failover happens in my primary database.
    if you help me in this situation i will be greatful for you.
    EXPECTING REPLY ASAP.

thanks,
    muthu