Unanswered: Transferring data help!!!!

Ok, I need to write a script for Microsoft SQL to transfer data from a spreadsheet to a database on our local network. I am new with this and was curious if anyone can step me through this???

thanks al

also,
    when i try running the activex task script example with the northwinds database it is giving me an error saying the server cant be found or I do not have access... the line the error occurs on is this one..

mySourceConn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=local;Initial Catalog=Northwind;user id = 'sa';password=''"

can anyone explain this to me??? thanks!!

Re: Transferring data help!!!!

Originally posted by ab8140
    Ok, I need to write a script for Microsoft SQL to transfer data from a spreadsheet to a database on our local network. I am new with this and was curious if anyone can step me through this???

thanks al

also,
    when i try running the activex task script example with the northwinds database it is giving me an error saying the server cant be found or I do not have access... the line the error occurs on is this one..

mySourceConn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=local;Initial Catalog=Northwind;user id = 'sa';password=''"

can anyone explain this to me??? thanks!!
    what do u mean by spreadsheet? what spreadsheet r u using?
    u can use BCP for it or else for generating scripts of the insert statements in sql there are many softwares available like:
    http://www.lockwoodtech.com/index.as...tleID=products

Re: Transferring data help!!!!

Originally posted by harshal_in
    what do u mean by spreadsheet? what spreadsheet r u using?
    u can use BCP for it or else for generating scripts of the insert statements in sql there are many softwares available like:
    http://www.lockwoodtech.com/index.as...tleID=products

The spreadsheet is excel, any suggestions???

Use the DTS util in Enterprise Manager. It can load Excel into SQL Server.
    Thanks,

Matt