Unanswered: Run time error about excel automation from vb

Hello everybody

I want to automate an excel spreadsheet from vb 6.0. it works fine when i run the program in the comp that has visual basic. but when I create a setup for that program and install it on a computer that don't have visual basic. it dont run. It gives me this error

"Run time error '-2147023067 (80070725)':
    Automation error

i tried restarting the other comp thinking that it might needs a update. but still dint work.

does any can help me with this problem?

Thanks in Advance
    Deep

Re: Run time error about excel automation from vb

Use Package and Deployment Wizard from the VB Add-Ins menu to package your application. It will automatically gather all COM object and libs used by your app. Then run the install setup on the destination computer (it will install and register automatically all the dependecies).
    This is a common error that occurs when the app tries to instantiate a non-existing object of a library or a component (and/or one of them is not properly registered)

Originally posted by Programmer
    Hello everybody

I want to automate an excel spreadsheet from vb 6.0. it works fine when i run the program in the comp that has visual basic. but when I create a setup for that program and install it on a computer that don't have visual basic. it dont run. It gives me this error

Automation error

i tried restarting the other comp thinking that it might needs a update. but still dint work.

Thanks in Advance
    Steve

Hi Thanks for replying.

I tried using package and deployment wizard from vb add-ins menu to package my application. Thas wat i did before. and then i tried installing it on the different (destination) computer. The application runs fine but with same error (automation error) when i try to automate the excel spereadsheet.

I'm making the application in vb 6.0 in windows XP and im installing it on Windows 98.

You think that might be the problem? If yes, can you please let me know the solution for this problem. Because I have to install it on Windows 98.

Thanks in Advance again

Originally posted by dbadelphes
    Use Package and Deployment Wizard from the VB Add-Ins menu to package your application. It will automatically gather all COM object and libs used by your app. Then run the install setup on the destination computer (it will install and register automatically all the dependecies).
    This is a common error that occurs when the app tries to instantiate a non-existing object of a library or a component (and/or one of them is not properly registered)
    Deep

Do you have the same Office installed on both computers?
    Office 97 is shipped with a different version of Object Library than Office 2000 or Office XP (version 9 for Office 2000 and 10 for XP), so if your app has the 9.0 object version as a reference and you have 10 vs instaled on another computer it wouldn't work (different entries in registry).
    On the other hand the OLE automation server depends on OS version, so a tip would be to keep all the refrences as they are in your VB project, and eliminate them from the package (Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library and OLE automation).
    Search also for Q292491 and Q290576 on Microsoft site (Knowledge base)

Hi Thanks for replying.

I tried using package and deployment wizard from vb add-ins menu to package my application. Thas wat i did before. and then i tried installing it on the different (destination) computer. The application runs fine but with same error (automation error) when i try to automate the excel spereadsheet.

I'm making the application in vb 6.0 in windows XP and im installing it on Windows 98.

You think that might be the problem? If yes, can you please let me know the solution for this problem. Because I have to install it on Windows 98.

Thanks in Advance again
    Steve

i am also facing the same problem. if anyone has a solution?

Hello everybody

Automation error

Thanks in Advance