Question Unanswered: the number of connection.

I have a C# program, accessing SQL Server2000(SP3) on another machine.
    If i do not close the connection, then after at about 4000 connection, it may display error messageystem.Data.OleDb.OleDbException[ConnectionOpen[Connect()].]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Maybe the number would be more than 5000 before it ran into error. but in most situation it was at about 4000.

Of course, if i put the program and the DB at the same machine, the error message does not appear, but the memory was used so fast, even each the memory limitation and report: out of memory.

I had read from material that SQL Server can handle 32676 connections simultaneously. and Why did i get the error when the program and DB was in two different machine?

thank you very much.

Jeff

Is NT server licensing set up as per seat or server? SQL can be by processor or CAL.

Right click on the server in enterprise manager, then properties, connections, make sure it is still 0.

Check the NT event log for errors. It may be a memory issue or some other resource.

Turn off the license logging service on the SQL server for a while.

Look at enterprise manager for the server, Management, Current Activity to monitor your progress if you're not.

I'm a DBA and not a C# person, so that's my angle.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Also refer to this dotnet link to resolve the issue.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Lightbulb thanks.

Thank you very much.

Originally posted by barneyrubble318
    Is NT server licensing set up as per seat or server? SQL can be by processor or CAL.

Right click on the server in enterprise manager, then properties, connections, make sure it is still 0.

Check the NT event log for errors. It may be a memory issue or some other resource.

Turn off the license logging service on the SQL server for a while.

Look at enterprise manager for the server, Management, Current Activity to monitor your progress if you're not.

I'm a DBA and not a C# person, so that's my angle.

Refer to the link above to resolve the error.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]